Thursday, August 5, 2010

OK last post for a while, and it is on the OK






















I am heading out of town for a week in a couple of days. So unless anything remarkable comes up, this will be it until the following week-end.

Got the Okanagan numbers, and the MOI are reaching eye-popping levels.

I knew I was in for interesting numbers when the titles of the three press releases were:

Summer Heat Cools Buyers’ Market in the North Okanagan


Summer Slows Buyers’ Market in the Central Okanagan


Home Buyers Take Summer Off in the Shuswap


29.6 MOI in the Shuswap/Revelstoke Area

23 MOI in the Central OK area (Kelowna etc)

26.8 MOI in the North Okanagan area

No real price comparisons I can find in the reports. They just report total dollar sales, which are of course down.

In any case we are deep into bear country here. I don't think I have ever seen MOIs that high in recent history in BC.