Thursday, November 10, 2011

Christmas Card Holder

Here is a fun craft I did a few weeks ago. I found a large frame at a yard sale for $5. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but it had previously been a $60 frame from Hobby Lobby, and I couldn't pass on this cheapy:o) I used Krylon's Avocado spray paint to give it a new finish..and then I drew a creative blank. It sat in the garage for several days before I came up with the idea to make it a photo display.
I went to Walmart to get the burlap webbing..it was really inexpensive..I think I paid 60 cents a yard for it.
I used a staple gun to attach the ends to the lip of the inside of the frame, and starting weaving. It was really easy. 
The original intent was just to put regular pictures on it, but when I got done, I knew that displaying Christmas cards on this beauty would be the perfect use for it .
The extra large paper clips are also a Walmart purchase. You can find them in the office supplies section.
The office was the right spot for this photo holder because it is one of the few rooms in the house that is decorated in red for Christmas. 
I have most of the decorations up in the office. There are a few final touches that I want to add before showing off the finished room. I'm on the hunt for a hounds tooth hat..an inexpensive one, that is:o)
Tomorrow the kids go for their pictures with Santa...they think that they are just having Christmas pictures taken..the photographer wanted them to be surprised, so that she could catch their reaction..I can't wait!! I am also getting our family pictures back tomorrow, so I hope to share them with you all as well! 


Participating in these parties:
Furniture Feature Fridays