Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dang...

Numbers are out courtesy of Larry and the averages have regained all they lost last month and then some.

I did not expect that. I know we had a few very large sales and expected that to skew things, however volume was so anemic and HAM buying so sporadic that I really did expect a flat to down reading.

Perhaps the benchmark will filter out the upper end buys.

HOWEVER....

...... if we do not have some good downward movement in the averages in Feb, I am going to quit posting, since the market seems to be defying all logic. The only thing I can say vaguely positive in this lunacy is that this will increase the ammunition for those who want tightening of mortgage rules.

We should be sitting around the 8 MOI range and eventually this must hit prices.

However I thought I would really have better news for you this morning.