Friday, November 9, 2012

Hot Cocoa Recipe

I love cold weather, a.k.a. snuggly weather. I love the warm blankets, cozy fires, and most of all, hot cocoa. 
I am not a big fan of cocoa mixes because of all the added "stuff" that is put in them. I prefer to cook my own.
 I have a favorite recipe for hot cocoa, and I have to share it with you so that you can enjoy it too.
It takes minutes to make, and warms your belly and puts a smile on your face:o)

Hot Cocoa
serves 4
adapted from this recipe
1/3 c unsweetened cocoa
3/4 c white sugar
1/3 c boiling water
3 1/2 c milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Add cocoa and white sugar. Bring back to a boil, and then lower heat so the mixture simmers. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add milk and vanilla, and warm to desired temperature. 
I usually pour the kids some before it has gotten too hot.
I spy some happy campers right here:o)

Now you can enjoy those few brief moments where they have a smile on their faces, and calling you the best mom ever, after drinking something delicious! Then brace yourself for the sugar high!