Sunday, December 2, 2012

Warning Political Post

I don't often post political stuff. I don't care who is in control of the reigns as long as they are ethical and don't mortgage the future for short term gains.

I also expect them to not to lie too much- though that is tough for politicians. 

I lambasted the current Conservatives for being so reckless when they doubled the CMHC debt, and I lauded them when they finally reversed their recklessness. I did my own small part when they wanted to send tax-payer money to the big barons of broadcasting and applauded when (no doubt due to grass-roots disgust) they decided against it and the Aspers had to sell out.

However there have been two things recently that have got my gall. 

One happened a year ago but slipped under my radar until now. It was financial malfeasance. At stake were the big back-room honchoes of the Conservative party who could have been tried/fined or imprisoned for authorising $1.3 Million in excessive advertising spending and breaking Elelction Canada rules. Instead the party was fined $55K.

$55K for a party that has received over $145 Million in the last 7 years. That really sends home the message!

While we are on the topic of advertising...

We have been the recipients of Tory attack ads on the NDP's Mulcair, who apparently has a carbon tax up his sleeve which will bankrupt us if implemented, and what a terrible idea a carbon tax  is anyway.."which we cannot afford".

The irony of running that ad in BC does not seem to have struck their high priced ad executives.

You will remember that Gordon Campbell introduced a carbon tax in late 2008. Good for him! Gordon you will remember is one of Harper's favorites, having been appointed as Canadian High Commissioner to Great Britain and Ireland when he had to resign over the HST debacle.

I guess they think we are so stupid we wont remember.