Monday, August 26, 2013

Fall Centerpiece

About two weeks ago, we had a little cold spell. The humidity was gone, and the weather was perfect. Just enough chill in the air that you had to grab a light jacket in the evenings. We actually built a fire and roasted marshmallows a couple nights in a row. It was wonderful!
Now we're back to the sticky-wearing-the-outside-weather..blech!
That cooler weather made me want Fall here in a bad sort of way. Fall is my most favorite time of the year, and I love decorating for it. Even though it's still August, I'm busting out the pumpkins, y'all!
September will eventually get here, Lord willing, so it's ok to have the pumpkins out, right?

Last Christmas, I used this planter for our center piece, and filled it with the same greenery, but just added Christmas-y stuff.
I wasn't sure if it would work for Fall because it was so green, but it seems to be working. 
The pictures are slightly over exposed, so the green is screaming right now, but in person, it's toned down:o)
 I found all of the little add-ins at Hobby Lobby.
 The sprigs and pumpkins are 40% off right now.
 I've had this little wire pumpkin for ages. Another yard sale find. It's the baby. Momma pumpkin is outside sitting beside the newly made-over bench
Oh yeah, I almost forgot..I made the table runner too. It's made from painter's drop cloth. I had a little extra leftover from a project I did for VBS. There was just enough length and width, thankfully. My other table runners were too skinny. I wanted this one to stand out, and not be hidden under the planter. I plan on fancying the runner up a bit, but that will be another project for another day.
I will have more Fall decorating and tutorials in upcoming posts so make sure to check back!