Monday, May 24, 2010

Super Cape for a Thomas the Train Lover

Well I survived the weekend. All I can say is WOW! I am sooooo glad that it's Monday. There may be a few of you out there that are saying to yourself, "What is she thinking???" Just trust me:o)This week is so much slower paced than the past 2 weeks have been. So now I will be able to post more for those of you who have nothing better to do at work;o)
So here is the super cape for the  sweet little boy across the street. He LOVES Thomas, so I figured I would use Thomas fabric. I will have to say, I think this is the best super cape I have made thus far. Not to brag or anything;o)
I finally figured out how wide to make the zig zag stitches to make it look really clean. I think it was 0.3mm x 4.5 mm...something like that. Anywho...it took me a while to get his name on the yellow fabric b/c my machine only embroiders a 4"x4" surface area. Stinks, but I am grateful for my Brother(machine that is...I am grateful for my real bro. too):o)

Just your basic red fabric for the interior with a velcro enclosure. I think his mother was more impressed with the cape than he was;o) E was the same way. It took him a year before he would wear his:o) I got him to model Stephen's cape for you guys:o)
 Sportin' the Buzz Lightyear jammies. He LOVES those things...thinkin' Ima gonna have to go get him some more...just in case he goes thru ANOTHER growth spurt.
I can not WAIT to share with you S.R.'s new outfit I made for her in tomorrow's post. I. LOVE. IT!! And I found a matching hair bow on Saturday. EEK!