Friday, September 28, 2012

Up, Up, and Away...

 So are you all so very proud of me for having a post every single day of this week? I can't remember the last time I have done that..crazy! 
So, anyway, here is another outfit. 
This is my first time to use chevron. I have purposefully not bought or used chevron in anything, whether it be in clothing or in decor because everyone else was doing it, and I was being a rebel....obviously my rebellion was short-lived. I finally broke down and got some from Nauvoo Quilt Co.
I decided to name this little outfit Up, Up, and Away because of the appliqued balloons, and now, much to my dismay, that song is stuck in my head..bah!
For a long time, I have wanted to make an apron skirt. It's amazing how inspired you get when you have great fabric:o)
 This is S.R.'s favorite part...the pocket. That was the first thing she noticed when I showed her the skirt.
 I wanted it to truly look like she had an apron tied around her waste, so I made the apron ties for the back of the skirt. This is my favorite part:o)
 This is a close up shot of the balloons. I used baby ric-rac for the balloon strings. This shirt isn't one of my faves, but it gets the job done.
I have a dress to share as well, but I need a bit more fabric to finish it. I'm waiting on it to show up in the mail. The dress is S.R.'s fave out of all of the new outfits. Can't wait to share:o)
Have a great weekend. Next week, I'll show you guys some fall crafts we're taking on around here.