Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Re-upholstered Chair

Many of you have seen this chair, but I thought that I would share the story behind it. I am in L-O-V-E with garage sales. I love the thrill of the hunt. Finding a treasure for next to nothing sends me over the top:o) This chair was one of those finds. When I found this chair, we were in the process of deciding whether to build a new house or add on to our existing home. So of course I had to start looking for more furniture...even though we had no idea what we were doing yet;o) Anyway, it was a beautiful Saturday morning, I am out dying to find something and there it was...the chair. I walked past it once, then again, saw the price and said to myself, "Ain't happenin'", then walked past one more time and then asked the seller, "will you take $25 for it?" And of course you know they did b/c now I own the sucka:o) They helped me load it in my van(yes, I own a van and you would too if you knew what was best for you...I haul EVERYTHING in that bad boy)
Well we decided to build a new house, so the chair went to storage for 4 months. When we moved into our dream home, we definitely needed some furniture. This house is a tad bigger than our last house. I couldn't wait to have the chair in the living room. The only problem was, I needed to recover it, as you can see below.
 
The fabric was dingy and worn in some places. I found some great upholstery fabric at Hancock Fabrics for $6 a yard. It took 8 hours to take this chair apart. I couldn't believe how many staples were in this thing!!! It only took 3 hours to put it back together...thank goodness:o) It was a lot easier to do than I thought. I love that the hubs has a pneumatic(I think that's what he calls it??) nail gun. That is my new favorite toy:o) Here's the finished chair:

 
  


************************************************
Remember to email in some pictures of projects that you have completed so that I can post them on Feature Friday's. Also, I will be posting a GREAT GIVE AWAY on Friday for followers only...Stay Tuned!!