Thursday, February 25, 2010

Vinyl Table Cloth Runners

 
Here's a little color inspiration....Don't these colors just scream SPRING! They also scream "S.R.'s BIRTHDAY PARTY IS NEXT SATURDAY!!!! I can't wait for her party. There are so many cutesy things out there for little girls and their special days. As I said in a previous post, we are doing a butterfly theme for her party. I have been buying little by little over the past two months, and I have found some really cute stuff. I have been trying to figure out what I was going to do as far as table-scapes(yes, it's one of those kind of parties, and yes I am one of those mothers:oP) I was at Ross the other day perusing their Easter stuff and ran across this vinyl table cloth for $4.99

 
Personally, I really didn't want to go the vinyl route only b/c I like a little "fancy" in my parties, but then I came to my senses and realized that there are going to be 2 & 3 year olds running around like little precious "crazies" in my house. OF COURSE vinyl is a good idea! I am doing things on the cheap, so I wasn't going to buy 5 table cloths...so I thought, why not table runners? A friend of mine is donating some tables of hers that are just the right height for the little rug-rats, so there wasn't any need for a full size table cloth. Especially when little ones jerk those sorts of things right off a table:o) So anyway, I was able to get 5 runners out of one table cloth:o) Here's how I did it....
 
 
I spread the table cloth out on the floor. 

 
There are rounded edges, and I new I didn't have the patience to round each corner, so....
  
I cut them off:o)

 
I cut them to the length I needed for each individual table, but they are all 13" wide(except for one and it's 12" wide). I then took them to my sewing machine and sewed a zig zag stitch around the perimeter.

 
I didn't get right on the edge just b/c this is plastic and I didn't want the edges splitting from one another. Just enough to hold the cotton backing to the vinyl.

 
And there ya have it. Pretty simple, and very inexpensive. The decorations that are on the table runner are some things that we will be decorating with. The butterfly stands came from the Dollar Tree. 
 
The centerpiece I made using flowers & a butterfly from Hobby Lobby(which are 50% off right now), and some floral Styrofoam from Dollar tree. I already owned the clay pots. Just brought them in, and gave them a good washin'. I hope that I have brought a little spring in your day:o)

********************************************************
I HAVE BEEN FEATURED ON U CREATE!!! They are featuring New Craft Blogs every couple of days, and I am SUPER pumped about having Fussy Monkey Buisness on such a popular blog...THANK YOU U CREATE!!!

*******************************************************
Tomorrow is the big announcement for my next giveaway...stay tuned!!!!!