Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Travel Changing Pad

Every diaper bag usually comes with a changing pad, so of course I had to make one. It is one of the easiest things to make...ever. I didn't take step-by-step pictures, but this one is so easy that I can just tell you how to make it.

Supplies:
-Terry cloth towel or soft fabric
-Coordinating fabric(with the diaper bag, that is)
-Double fold bias tape...the kind that is used for quilt binding
-Ribbon

How to:
I have a changing pad that came with a diaper bag that I own, so I used that as my pattern. If you don't have something like that just lying around, you can use freezer paper as your pattern. The dimensions are 23"x15"(with rounded edges). Lay your pattern on the towel, pin, and cut. Do this with the coordinating fabric as well. Put wrong sides together and baste. This helps prevent any slippage. Now for the bias tape. You will want to place your cut ribbon at one end, overlapping on either side of the pad, and then pin your bias tape all the way around. Stitch. Make sure to catch both sides of the tape....and that's it. Pretty simple, huh?